Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Woolooware Golf Club Ltd recognises that Health and safety is an integral part of your Club. We recognise our responsibility to provide and maintain so far as is practicable a working environment that is safe and without risks to health.
We recognise that our duty of care includes:
- Consultation with employees in relation to OH&S issues;
- Providing and maintaining safe working environments and systems of work which is regularly reviewed;
- Conducting workplace inspections and assessments to identify, assess and control any potential risks to our
- Providing information, instruction, training and supervision for all employees enabling them to work in a sage and
- healthy manner;
- Reporting and recording all hazards, incidents, accidents, investigation, injuries and illnesses.
Our aim is to minimise work related injuries/illness and we are committed to the reduction and prevention of accidents that may cause injury to employees, members, contractors and visitors.
In fulfilling the objectives of this policy, we are committed to regular consultation with employees to ensure that the policy operates effectively and that health and safety issues are regularly reviewed. We also recognise and work within the bounds of all relevant State and Federal Occupational Health and Safety initiatives and ensure their jobs are performed safely. To this end:
Managers undertake to:
- Consult with employees when addressing safely issues;
- Identify, assess and control hazards in the workplace in order to minimise the risk of injury, illness or property damage;
- Ensure the effective implementation of the club health and safety policy;
- Ensure that safe work procedures are in place and observed;
- Assist in the rehabilitation of injured employees;
- Make regular assessment of health and safety performance and resources in cooperation with those with designated and elected health and safety functions;
- Ensure that all specific OH&S policies operating within Woolooware Golf Club Ltd. are periodically revised and are consistent with Club health and safety objectives;
- Provide information, training and supervision for all employees in the correct use of plant, equipment and substances used throughout the Club;
- Ensure they are informed of incidents and accidents occurring on the Club premises or to Club employees and elevate them so that health and safety performance can accurately be gauged and managed.
Employees are responsible for:
- Performing all work activities in a manner that ensures their own and other employee’s health and safety;
- Complying with the safety procedures, safe work procedures and management directions on safety issues.
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions, equipment or injuries to management.
This policy will be regularly reviewed in the light of legislation and Club changes. We believe that the success of this policy depends upon the commitment of all employees towards maintaining a safe and healthy workplace throughout Woolooware Golf Club Ltd. All employees will be advised, in writing, of agreed change and arrangement for their implementation.