Job Position Vacant
12th Oct, 2017
Golf Shop Attendant
Casual Position Vacant
This position will be responsible for opening and closing the business, handling financial transactions, including merchandise sales, answering telephones and scheduling tee times, handling questions relating to golf and other general duties. Ultimately, you will ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and you will contribute to the shops profitability and efficiency.
- Welcome customers and provide all pertinent information to the golfers
- Food and beverage preparation i.e. café service.
- Sell golf merchandise
- Develop an atmosphere of professional friendliness
- Course Marshalling
- Hire equipment preparation and maintenance, i.e. Electric Carts and Hire Clubs.
- Duties relating to the opening and closing of the business.
- Maintain store presentation
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Basic knowledge of the game of golf required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanour
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with customers.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, cold & heat)
- Ability to handle computer systems such as P.O.S
- Previous customer service experience a plus, preferably in golf industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Basic computer operations.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Coffee making experience (helpful but not a must – training available).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Brad Ulph – Director of Golf